Best Teachers in Nagpur
Parents pay a lot of attention to the school and its features, however we tend to forget the most important aspect – What is the quality of teachers in this school? Does this school have best teachers in Nagpur? On an average how long does their teachers stay with the same school?
We all know that a good teacher can make a world of difference in a student’s life, impacting everything from their classroom learning to their longterm success. Hence before selecting the right school for your child’s education, please also consider if they have the best teachers in Nagpur.
Now we come to the next question on what should be few qualities we should see in best teachers:
What Makes a Great Teacher
- expert communication skills – No matter how knowledgable a person is, if they can’t convey what they know to others in a way that is not only understandable but engaging, the knowledge itself is useless.
- superior listening skills – “If speaking is silver, then listening is gold.” Of course, effective communication only happens when at least two parties are actively involved in the process together, and the only way to know if communication is heard is by asking (and listening to the answer)
- deep knowledge and passion for their subject matter – Passion is infectious. Love of a subject matter inspires a person to learn more, dig deeper, and think harder about it, so passion inspires deeper knowledge. The best teachers are those that clearly love their subjects and pass that passion and desire to learn more on to their students.
- the ability to build caring relationships with students – The best teachers are often the ones that care the most deeply, not only about their jobs but about every student they teach. A good teacher notices when even one student among many does not understand and makes an effort to communicate individually when necessary.
- friendliness and approachability – Students will have questions that can’t be answered if the teacher isn’t friendly and easy to talk to. The best teachers are the most open, welcoming, and easy to approach.
- excellent preparation and organization skills – Great teachers spend endless hours outside of the classroom preparing, designing lessons, learning more (both about their subject matter specifically and how to teach, in general), participating in professional development, and thinking of fresh and interesting ways to reach the students.
- high expectations for all – Studies show that a teacher’s expectations have a huge impact on student achievement. The best teachers have high expectations for all of their students. They expect a lot from each student, but those expectations are both challenging and realistic.
Although great teachers may also possess a number of other wonderful qualities (like a sense of humor, personality, flexibility, kindness, leadership, classroom management, a calm demeanor, experience, and the ability to multitask), these are the qualities the best teachers universally possess.
If you’re considering a career in education, it’s important to explore the qualities of a good teacher.
Research shows that good teachers are the single most important factor that contributes to student achievement in the classroom, more important than facilities, school resources, and even school leadership.
A 2014 study from the American Economics Association (AEA) found that improvements in teacher quality positively impact everything from the quality of colleges students attend to students’ future salaries, the quality of their neighborhood and even their future participation rates in 401k savings plans.